“At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started”
– Sally Berger
Angela Laidlaw’s work helping families navigate legal trauma –while preserving important relationships– requires a different way of thinking. In the words of a former client, Angela “has the interpersonal skills that allow her to successfully navigate through all sorts of challenges. She’s an excellent listener, creative, intuitive, and has strong analytical skills that make for a great attorney.” Angela understands that once a family’s legal case is over, the family’s relationship doesn’t end. She works tirelessly to help the family learn better communication skills to navigate their next stage as a restructured, binuclear family.
- State of California (2004)
- State of Oregon (2008)
- United States District Court, California (Northern, Central & Southern Districts)
- United States District Court, Oregon
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor (2003)
- College of William & Mary, Bachelor of Business Administration (2000)
Publications and Presentations:
- The Business of Collaborative Work, Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals, September 12, 2014 (Co-Presented with Tracia Larimer)
- Untying the Money Knot, Women in Financial Services (WIFS), December 4, 2014
- Estate Planning Basics, Portland Mamapreneurs, 2010
- Comment, With Liberty and Domain Names for All: Restructuring Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, 40 San Diego L. Rev. 375 (2003).
- Case Note, Carey v. Population Services International: Minors’ Rights to Access Contraceptives, 14 J. Contemp. Legal Issues 469 (2004).
- Public Utilities Commission, 18 Cal. Reg. L. Rep. __ (publication date forthcoming).
- Board of Psychology, 18 Cal. Reg. L. Rep. __ (publication date forthcoming).
- The Power of Connection: OACP and the Collaborative Movement in Oregon, Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals, November 11, 2015
- Clackamas County Bar Association President (2017), Vice-President (2016), Secretary (2014 & 2015) (Member since 2010)
- Oregon Association of Collaborative Professionals, President (2015 – 2017), Vice-President (2014 – 2015) (Member since 2013)
- Clackamas Women Lawyers, Treasurer (2015)
- Court-Appointed Arbitrator for Clackamas County (Since 2014)
- Genesis Resolution Services, Secretary (2014 – Present)
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals (Member since 2013)
- Oregon Mediation Association (Member since 2013)
- Bradley Angle House, Board of Directors (2012 – 2013)
- Pioneer Pacific College, Adjunct Instructor (2010 – 2011)
- Oregon Women Lawyers (Member since 2008)
- Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Education Committee (2008 – 2010)
- San Bernardino County Bar Association, Member (2004 – 2007)
- San Bernardino County Bar Association Nominating Committee (2007)
- Barristers Club of the San Bernardino County Bar Association, Co-Chair (2005 – 2007)
- Mother of 4 busy, active kids
- Three-time marathoner, four-time half-marathoner, and frequent 10k runner
- Likes reading anything by Stephen King and Malcolm Gladwell
- Studied archaeology in Israel while in college