Associate Attorney at Laidlaw & Laidlaw, PC
“When the winds of change blow, some build walls, other build windmills.”
– Ancient Chinese Proverb
– “Never confuse a single failure, with final defeat”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
Casey has a vast, experienced career including earning recognition as a Nuclear Chemist in the U.S. Navy and managing his own business conducting environmental studies for large real estate transactions. However, he always knew becoming an attorney meant he could spend his time directly helping people. Casey was determined that Laidlaw & Laidlaw was where he wanted to be, and proved it to us! He has been a great addition to our team and we are grateful to have him on board.
- State of Oregon (2018)
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude (2018)
- Portland State University, Civil Engineering (coursework, 2013-2014)
- Excelsior College, Bachelor of Science, Nuclear Engineering Technology (2013)
- U.S. Naval Nuclear Power School, Nuclear Power Operations (2007)
6-year Veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving onboard U.S.S. Nimitz (CVN-68)
Operation Enduring Freedom, Western Pacific/Arabian Sea Deployment (2009-2010)
Rim of the Pacific, International Maritime Warfare Exercise (2012)
Nuclear Propulsion Plant Drill Team Member (2011-2012)
- U.S. Navy Shellback
Achievements and Community Recognition:
Lewis and Clark Law Review, Research Editor (2016-2018)
Lewis and Clark Law School, Veteran Law Society (Charter Member)
U.S. Department of Labor, Hydroelectric-Machinery Mechanic License (2010)
U.S. Department of Labor, Water Treatment-Plant Operator License (2012)
Clackamas County Bar Association Member
Working with Oregon State Legislators to change Oregon law, allowing National Guard Service members to prove service by NGB-22.
Advocating Oregon State Legislators for broadening Veteran definition for DMV purposes.
- Spending time with my family…my wife, son, and daughter on the way!
- Classic cars
- Weight training