We can get you started on your new journey.
We specialize in helping families resolve divorces, custody, parenting time, child support, conservatorship and guardianship matters in a way that preserves important, lifelong relationships.You know horror stories of public trials leaving one parent the “winner” and one the “loser.” It doesn’t have to be that way. Our divorce attorney can help you shape your future, design a better life, and get started on your next journey. We will get you there. Along the way, we’ll help you build bridges in your most important relationships, rather than burning them.
At Laidlaw & Laidlaw, PC our divorce attorneys will keep your family’s best interest at the center of our work. We can help give you peace of mind in the midst of one of the most difficult situations you will ever face.
Family Law Services
Collaborative Law- Is there a better way to divorce without a messy court battle? YES! After years of family law experience Laidlaw & Laidlaw, PC’s legal team recognized that “there must be a better way.” And we found it. Click here to learn more about alternatives to a standard divorce.
Mediation- Mediation is a way for you to resolve your divorce (or paternity, custody, or parenting time issue) respectfully, and without going to court. Mediation offers both parties the privilege of shaping their futures, outlining a new life with unlimited potential for happiness. The mediation can get you there, allowing you to build bridges in your most important relationships, rather than burning them.
Benefits of mediation?
- No Court- Participants resolve their dispute with the use of a neutral mediator. The mediator can draft the documents that need to be filed with the court. But no court hearings are necessary if the dispute is resolved in mediation.
- Clients have Control over the Outcome- Mediation participants have complete control over their agreements. The final agreements have the potential to reflect the true needs of each individual family. This is very different from the litigation process, where a judge makes decisions for the family, based upon his/her experience, opinions, and impressions.
- Client Satisfaction- Parties who mediate their family cases report higher rates of satisfaction with both the outcomes and the process (as compared to litigation). This is very different from traditional family litigation, where the parties typically report dissatisfaction with the cost, stress, uncertainty, and permanently damaged relationships.
- Maintain Privacy- The mediation process is confidential. There are no public court appearances or trials required to maintain your privacy. All meetings, discussions, and documents are conducted in private.
- Preserve Important, Lifelong Relationships- Litigation damages relationships, often irreparably. Litigation is a lot like war – the dirtier you play, the more blood is shed. One party may “win,” but that’s not a good framework for families. When only one side can win, that means that in reality, everyone loses. Especially children.
Family Litigation & Court- Sometimes, no matter how hard you have tried, a battle is inevitable. If your case ends up in court you need a strong warrior to help protect you, your children, and your assets. There are too many landmines to go the road alone. We at Laidlaw & Laidlaw, PC will be your steadfast leaders.
Thinking about getting a divorce and wondering about:
– Custody of your children
– Selling or dividing the family home
– Safeguarding your retirement
– Spousal support & child support
Our divorce attorneys are here to help you preserve and protect what matters most. Call us and see how we can help.
Laidlaw & Laidlaw, PC understands that Divorce & Family Law Matters can be difficult and overwhelming.
Get in touch with us today to see how together we can get you on a brighter path.